Heads To The Grindstone . . .

 

Things continue to progress on the record. 

Haven't had much interest in blogging lately. I go through phases where I'll do it a lot, but it's hard to keep up with it. I'm the same way with Facebook and all the rest of social media.  I generally view talk as over rated, but I try to continually convince myself otherwise.
Sometimes  I just don't care what anybody else thinks, or what they're doing and I don't feel like expressing what I feel about anything. I'm much more interested in doing. So it can get hard to get myself to participate at times, especially when I wonder if it's really doing any good. Does anybody really read these? Does anybody really care? I don't know. I do know that Jimmy feels the same way I do about it all. I made a commitment to really stick with it a while back, but I think I've kind of hit the wall on it. If more people commented, or said that they enjoy reading these, or had some questions, then I guess it would be easier to invest time in it.

I'll try to do blogs, but it won't be as much. There's just too much work to be done.
If I do blog often, I'll probably just keep 'em short and simple. We'll see how it goes.
For those of you who do read these blogs and enjoy them, thank you, we appreciate your interest and support. . .

It has occurred to me that this double album, additional stand alone singles and an acoustic record is a lot to take on at once. I don't regret it at all and I wouldn't change it, but the over all scope of the project is enormous. Especially for two, or three guys. Mainly Jimmy and I. I've produced a lot of records in my life, but this one is ambitious to say the least.

We've been working hard on it, but I think it's really time to put our heads down and really focus on this over everything else. There's still so far to go and so much to be done it's mind boggling at times. It's going great, but it's also going slow. Chip away at the stone.

It reminds of something I saw on TV about a family that has spent a couple of generations carving an Indian Chief riding his horse into battle, out of a mountain. After two or three generations they've only gotten his head, down the top of his arm on the horse done. lol 
 It is magnificent though! When it's done it'll be amazing. Kind of like this record . . .

So I've been locked in here working on a lot of different songs and various things for "Life Happens Here".  I've started a bunch of new songs, worked on a lot of parts, done a lot of repairs on things that need to be done. I've done some scratch vocals. You name it, I've been working on it. I've also done some writing through it all. I'm sure Jimmy is doing what he can over in his studio and hopefully Mike will have some new drum tracks for us in the coming days.

Today I was focused and going strong, then right in the middle of what I was working on - The power went out. I guess a car hit a pole and the power was out for a couple of hours.
The worst part is, not only did I lose everything I was doing the last several hours, but it messed my whole system up. I have spent the rest of the day and night getting everything corrected and actually working again. I have good protection from brownouts and surges, etc., but I really need to invest in a battery back up so when this happens I have time to shut it all down properly.
For one, so I don't lose anything and two, so the system doesn't go all haywire causing me to have to uninstall and reinstall everything in order to work. It's really frustrating. That's an understatement! This has happened twice to me in the last month. Well, at least nothing is breaking down on me lately. Knock on wood. . .

It's 3:00 am now, so when I wake up I'll be able to get back to what I was doing yesterday in the first place - Recording. Making lots of progress and things are sounding good.
I'll blog again when I come up for air and there's actually something to report on . . .

- Bret

 
 

Comments

Popular Posts