Getting Back To Work . . .

Equipment is fixed and back online once again. We'll see how long it lasts this time. Wish me luck! . . .

It is Saturday, but I really need to get back to work on the actual recording. I've gotten other stuff done though while the system has been down. So even though it's the weekend which we usually take off, I'm getting on with it. With the wife's blessing of course . . .

I'm feeling really inspired to write the last couple of days, more so than usual, so we'll see what comes out of that. More often than not it's very fruitful . . .

Jimmy's system is still waiting on a part, but I'm very sure he's managing to get something done regardless while he waits. We've been really firing on all cylinders together in our weekly writing, production and business meetings. It's always good to see my friend / business partner at the door come those days.
Everything is really starting to come together with the overall plan and we have some big things in store. . .

In the next couple of weeks, after we've made some headway on the recording and have gotten the momentum back up with that, I think I'll give Andre a call and schedule some more writing sessions with him. We got a couple of new songs we been working on that could use his input. I kind of always know which ones would really benefit from a co-write with Andre, so as we go I earmark those for that and move on from there. If we happen to finish them ourselves in the meantime then great! We'll work on something else with him then . . .

I've also spoken to and made tentative plans to write with a guy named Frankie Sullivan. Who is that?
Well, Frankie Sullivan is the Primary Songwriter, Guitarist and Founder the 80's band 'Survivor'. You remember them don't you? How could you not!?

Frankie has written some major hits in his career as well as putting down some fantastically great guitar work. He's responsible for co-writing hits such as "Eye Of The Tiger" (One of the biggest hits ever and one of the most downloaded songs in the world to this very day). Also the hits "High On You", "I Can't Hold Back", "The Search Is Over", "Is This Love", "First Night" and many, many more. He's also co-written hit songs for '38 Special' such as "Rocking Into The Night" and "Caught Up In You". 

He's a really nice guy and I've been talking with him about writing with us in between his busy schedule. Awhile back we we're all set to go when I got a message from Frankie saying "Hey guys, Lets do it!"
Unfortunately, within' a few weeks his friend and bandmate Jimi Jamison suddenly and unexpectedly passed away. I thought it best out of respect for the situation to let it ride for awhile . . .

Now that some time has passed and some dust has settled (Not to take anything lightly still). I think it's time to see if we can manage to finally make this happen. He's a very busy guy so it will have to be as his schedule allows. We can't wait to write with him and I know we're gonna get a few more great hit potential songs for the album in the 11th hour once we do. I got so much respect for the guy.

I mention these plans to write with him only because - The deal has been made to write together already, it's just a matter of timing. The are other writers I've spoken with but won't name because no plans have been made to actually write together yet, but I'm always working on those . . .

The other day I was taking my computer in to drop it off for repair and I happen to run into Tesla's Brian Wheat, whose place is right by my computer guy's. What's unique about that is who I ran into with him - It was none other than Def Leppard's own Phil Collen. Man I really wanted to hit him up about writing with us, but unfortunately I don't know him and it wasn't an appropriate situation to approach at the time (He doesn't know me from Adam). There he was though, two feet away from me. A monster of a songwriter! You know he's a primary writer in that band don't you? Fantastic writer, whatever you may think of 'Def Leppard' itself as a band. He's been writing with Tesla lately so they can hopefully have a great song again too. lol
He's a great guitar player too, though as a guitar player myself - I much prefer Vivian Campbell as a player, by far . . . 

Funny thing about it though is I know I could get Phil to write with us if I only could formally be introduced to the guy and be able to speak with him. Once he spoke with us and heard what we're doing - We'd be writing with him too - Guaranteed!     

Enough with that, back to work I go . . . Have a great weekend! . . .

-Bret.
  

Comments

Popular Posts