Mid-Week Update 2.0

Our meeting and writing session went really well last night.  I misspoke about "Wounded" being done. I forgot that we needed the last three lyric lines to the bridge Jimmy came up with. Sometimes the last couple of lines to a song are the hardest to come up with and these did not come easy for us. I have written so much in the last couple of days, by last night I was having to work for it. The bridge of the song really needed to sum everything up and drive the point home, in this case. We eventually nailed it and completed the song. I'm very happy with it. It's different for us. It's nice that we don't just keep writing the same song over and over. It's just one more angle from the lens of life that will help to fill out the records over all theme and statement.

Jimmy also wrote a great solo for it and the harmony vocals. He'll be doing the guitar solo and I'll be singing it. . . Now it's ready for the record list!


We also realized that "Holy War" needs more work. This one is gonna be epic. We need a bridge to it and I need to write one more verse. The arrangement will take some work. The last quarter of the song is gonna take a journey . . . Worked on a couple of other songs too. . .

Jimmy's new system arrived yesterday, so he'll be hard at work getting that all set, for the remainder of the week. Meanwhile, I'll be writing, recording and working on my studio upgrades. . .


- Bret 

Comments

Popular Posts