Big Announcement . . .


It is our calculation that our double album "Life Happens Here" will be completed this September.

If all goes as it's going now, we will be turning over the album to be mixed by the first of that month.

It still probably won't see a release date until January 2017

The reason for that is if you're going to do this, especially on your own, then it needs to be done right.
There's a whole marketing & publicity plan that needs to be enacted, as well as knowing things always come up. This way, if there's a delay or two, we can still effectively meet a Jan. release date.

We are also going to quickly get an acoustic record in the can too, in between.
We also have some other things up our sleeve and all these take time and work to make happen.
But, first thing first - The record itself.

Let's face the facts - No one gave a shit about the first two records and we just threw them out there.
First of all - This 'Walking Tall' has never actually made an album until now. This is a new entity with only that name. 

Truth be told - The first record Vol. 1 is a record that Jimmy made and hadn't released, that he'd been holding onto for several years. No one from the last several line ups, other than Jimmy, is on the record.
Vol. 2 is merely just a compilation of my last five, previously released records. I'm the only one on that. Some of you know this, some don't.

I left Texas to come home and join a band called 'Walking Tall' the first of April 2014 as their lead guitarist, but there was literally no band left when I got here. After hanging out with Jimmy for a couple of weeks, it was decided that rather than me heading back to Texas, or San Diego where I was originally going to go, that we would just join together and form something new. A complete partnership 50/50
We both liked the name 'Walking Tall' so we kept it. While we worked to get all of this going, we decided to throw vol. 1 and 2 out there just to see what happens in the meantime. 

So there you have it - "Life Happens Here" is the first actual record from this band / act, or whatever you want to call it. This is a completely different animal, which is why we said that you haven't heard 'Walking Tall' yet.

'Walking Tall' now is just just myself on Lead & Harmony Vocals, Guitars, Piano. and Jimmy on Lead & Harmony Vocals, Guitars, Bass. We've used a guest Drummer for the record, so far. The live band and beyond that will be determined once we're ready to tour for the new record. 

Personally, my mind set six month's before coming back to California was that I would never again do anything new unless it was done right the first time. I would never again let anyone in the business - Label, musician, manager, lawyer, etc., dictate to me what I did, or did not do. Period. That way has always led me wrong, so I refuse to do that again. Go jump through your own hoops.

Integrity, quality and my vision would be my guiding force from there on out. I would be 1000% me with no apologies. All I needed is one like minded and talented person to join forces with to make that vision happen.

I know Jimmy had similar revelations about his path forward too.

Strange how fate works isn't it?

I've known Jimmy since I was seventeen and I never imagined that the guy I was looking for was there the whole time. Right in front of me. Nor did he. The universe had been trying to make this happen since 2009, but that's another story for another time. . .

When Jimmy and I got together, we planned and laid out our vision for this. We both agreed that we would only do this right, no matter how long it took. We worked really hard for two years now to get it to this point. We've had many setbacks and delays, but we're almost there now . . .

'Walking Tall - "Life Happens Here" changes the game . . .

-Bret

Comments

Popular Posts