Working It . . .


I've gotten a lot of work done so far this week. A lot of songs started that we needed  to get going on.

I've done a lot of acoustic guitar.
Having always worked in a controlled environment and never having to worry about room acoustics - I am quickly realizing that with the right Mic, room placement and Technique, the room doesn't really matter much (If you know what you're doing). You can record anywhere, though the room definitely matters when Mixing. It would certainly be easier recording in the proper sound rooms of a commercial studio, but we just can't justify the cost anymore.

If you're determined, creative and smart - There's a way around everything. . .

Last night I was putting down the Piano for "Sweet Surrender" when we had a power outage.
That was that. It completely ruined my momentum. It was sounding really good too.
So, I'll need to get back into that later tonight.

For the rest of the week I'll be tracking electric guitars and then scratch lead vocals.
Jimmy has had his hands full with things to take care of  recently, but he's not out of the loop.

In just a bit here, we are due for a production meeting and a writing session.
I'm not feeling too inspired to write at the moment, but that doesn't really matter.
I've felt like that many times and ended up writing some of the best stuff I've ever written.

Once Jimmy and I get together, there's an undeniable chemistry at work, even despite ourselves sometimes.
Plus, you must remember - I do live in a portal location. lol

I wish I could think of more exciting ways to describe the work that's been done and is being done, but I can't. Not right now anyway. It's work and can be a very lonely trek at times. I hear it tonight and you hear it in six months, if we're lucky.

I am really enjoying working on the record. I am also enjoying following this all important election season - Man, it's intense! More than any other time of my life. Yes, I know who I'm voting for . . .

- Bret

Comments

Popular Posts