Stop Playing That Song!

It's strange how once you say screw it all and walk away from something that you can't seem to figure out, the answer magically appears.

If you've been following the blog post' here you'll know well the trouble I've had getting the right guitar solo to our song "Time Is The Enemy".

I had moved on and was working on other things and making great progress, but when I went to sleep this morning I couldn't get "Time Is The Enemy" to stop playing in my head. I thought - NO!
While I slept I kept hearing these new parts in the solo. When I awoke at noon today I was still hearing them. I thought if I could find them once I sat down to work it could be good.

It must have been a gift from the portal for all my troubles. lol
It worked out exactly as I heard it in my head while fading in and out of sleep.
It's very unique and inspired. I believe this is THE solo on the song.
And yes, I think it's way better than the original one I had and liked so much. It no longer seems like something is missing and fits the song well.

It still has the first part of the original solo which we really liked, with a new part over lapping it. It's got some harmony guitar work and some slide at the end. It sounds pretty damn good, I gotta admit.

We'll see if Jimmy likes it when he's able to hear it, since he's the one who was pushing for something a little more exciting and unique from me.
I may have secretly wanted to kill him at first, but now I'm glad for it. lol
He brought out the best in me in the end.

It's all good. I've done the same thing to him . . .

- Bret.

Comments

Popular Posts