Studio Insanity!

Work on the album continues daily despite lack of postings . . .

So I'm locked away in here working on "There's Only Tonight".  I eventually had to scrap the whole song except for the orchestrations I did originally, which work fine. I rewrote and rerecorded the Piano parts twice. Redid all the guitar parts twice and rewrote those as I went. Finally, I got all the parts to work perfectly with each other and got it all recorded. I thought I was done. Now today, I am unhappy with the tones, so I am now setting out to rerecord all the guitars on it once again. lol

The consolation is every step I've taken it has only gotten that much better. I always had a feeling this song would be a challenge. I've had a few of these lately and I'm looking forward to some easier ones again if that's even possible. The bar keeps getting lifted and you naturally want to keep topping yourself.

- Bret.

Comments

Popular Posts