Progress, or lack of . . .

Today work continued on "I Believe In Us". Unfortunately I have been working with a severe Migraine headache too.

I also realized that I have been writing and recording a lot of parts for about two months now on Piano, string arrangements and guitars. Even though it's all recorded and can be isolated and learned by ear if I forget any of it, I decided it would be good to actually write down the parts in musical notation too. That way when we get to redoing everything for the actual album, or when preparing for playing live, I can just glance at it and go - Oh, that's what I played there!

I have taken meticulous notes on literally everything else so far, so I should here too. It'll save time and effort later. Especially when it comes to deciding what parts we feel like playing and what parts we feel like having the musicians we employ in our band play live. Although they can learn it all by ear quickly, it'll be good to have for reference when needed. Someone's got to keep track of it all!

The bad part is it takes time to do in addition to everything else.
I know he's taking notes too, but I'm not sure what else Jimmy is writing down on his end.
He's got a memory like an elephant when it comes to this type of thing, so he should be good.
Me? I write it, rehearse it, record it and I'm off to something else. I don't make an effort to memorize anything at this point, It's all just creativity on fire. I'll worry about remembering it later. Luckily for me, I have a way better than average memory over all. Then again, I am getting older by the minute, so writing it down won't hurt. lol

The real reason is just efficiency. I know that later on down the road I'll have a lot on my plate with the live show - Entertaining, Playing lead guitar, Singing lead and harmonies and playing Piano.
Actually, I'm used to all of that except being the official Piano player on top of it all.
My choice, it must be done, so I won't complain. At least I'll have Jimmy singing half the songs and sharing the guitar work with me. I've never had that luxury before. It'll be great!
Much more interesting and entertaining for our audience.

I've spent a lot of time today listening to everything we're recording now and going over everything we'll be recording here shortly and analyzing it all. I gotta tell you this record will be different than anything anyone else is doing out there. The songs are so good. It'll be diverse. It'll have mass appeal stylistically. It will establish our own sound once and for all. It will make a statement that's for sure.

I just hope and pray for a heaping amount of good fortune and luck to go with all the hard work in the end. There will be a million other things you can do with your time and money. And that's something you can't get back once it's gone, but I guarantee you that we will always do everything we possibly can to deliver you quality music and performances. We will work hard to deserve any attention you afford us. We'll never take you for granted. We can only make the best music / songs that we can and present it in as sincere way as possible in the hopes that you'll be able to relate to it.
No matter how good the record is we know that to be truly successful, we need the most important part of it all - You!

Without you, none of this means much of anything . . .

-Bret.

Comments

Popular Posts