What Do you mean its not done yet?  You Big Dummie!











Bret has been hard at work while I have been dealing with a few personal issues.  Life Happens Here?
Just because I am not in the studio recording does not mean there are not deals being made behind the scenes.  We have an amazing team and an incredible product being prepared for sometime early in 2016.  I have been out of the loop and this blog has proven to be a great way to stay in the loop while out of the loop!   I am looking forward to getting out of town and having some fun with my brothers next week while handling some family business this week.   Its not always easy to get the work done when you are working on a "Work Related Project" for a big IT project.   I have over 600 pages of reading and what is proving to be a close to 100 page report for the office while trying to also stay creative.  There are tons of things happening and trying to connect all of the dots simultaneously is no easy task!  In the end, its the music that makes all of the difference in the world!  All paths day or night lead back to the music and this record.

Can you create perfection in 4 or 5 months or is it a fine wine that matures with time?   We have had plenty of things to keep us busy and yet we are still have the songs flowing and new ideas going down to the page.
We are working hard but life comes at you fast so the next two weeks will be fruitless with regards to the studio but there is still plenty of other things taking place that have our attention in the down time.   My friends and my family keep asking me, "Can I hear a few tunes" - simply put..."NOT YET"!  Its a delicate process of writing, recording, rewriting and finalizing the parts before final recording for tones. Hang Tight!

Our photographer just got back into town so we are looking to book photos and get the cover art together for the record.  Bret has a concept for the covers and I am certain the final product will be amazing.

Right now, all eyes are on the music and though the studio is on lockout for the next two weeks, we are still in a productive mode.   I have so many ideas and so much to get done that I can't wait to get back to work and I am focused on doing just that. 

The kids are getting ready for school, the family is getting together, the band is on a short recess for the next two weeks... There is still activity in the bullpen but as they say "Rome was not build int a day".

Hold tight... the ride is far from over... Stay tuned....... - Jimmy

Comments

Popular Posts