Back in the trenches today... Pc started off poorly on boot!  Windows 8.1 System locked up and giving its morning hissy fits... Hopefully this is just a mild bump in the road for todays work I have to get done.  I am back up and running with the Pc and the Protools just got an upgrade to some plugins so we are off and running!  I am bouncing down a few tracks so we can throw scratch drums down for the songs and get the proper tempo for each of the songs.  I expect I will be working until the "wee hours" of the morning again tonight as well as focused on multiple different instruments that will need to be done to get the song structures lined up for Bret and I to lay down all of the guitars.   Lots of work dead ahead...lets hope todays distractions are at a minimum and I can actually get the basic song recorded properly for "Not Enough For Love".  I think Bret's input on this one is going to be what makes the song.  It needs a kick rythmically as well as a build in the chorus to get the pay off.  This feels very late 70's to me and I hopeful we will capture that vibe in the final recording.    Time to get cracking... and this coffee is working!  Kona Beans Engaged!
- Jimmy


Comments

Popular Posts