How I Found My Inspiration Over The Weekend . . .
 
Over the weekend I was thinking a lot about everything that led up to this point and how "Life Happens Here" will be the perfect title for the record. Knowing the full story as I do, it's truly amazing that we're here at all. Jimmy and I have both been through so much on our journey separately and we've been through a lot collectively over the last year and 4 month's. If people only knew what we have sacrificed in our lives, experienced, lost, learned and gained along the way you'd be blown away. You'd see just how much work goes into what we do. You'd see how the music business REALLY works and you'd see why I say that there is no one that works harder at all of this than we do. Jimmy and I are two of the most driven and relentlessly hardworking people you will ever meet and we never give in, or give up. When we fall, we get up, dust ourselves off and begin again. Our philosophy is - If we're still breathing then we're still in the game!

A little over a year ago, we we're in development for our own web based reality show. I know! Everybody does that right? The difference between us and everybody else is - there's nothing real about most reality shows that have come down the pike. They're manufactured. The rest are usually based on very shallow stories of a 25 year old who hasn't even lived life yet, but somehow comes through with all this wisdom they have to share with the world. Or the 18 year old who says they worked their whole life for 'this' - All twenty minutes of it! lol

For entertainment purposes they all serve their share, I suppose.

Unlike most - We have actually lived. We have a lot of "Experience" in life, business and music.
Our story is true - It's hilarious, happy, tragic, sad, intense, human, inspiring, insightful, revealing, relatable and more. The story is also far from over!

It's a shame that the show got put on the back burner because I think it would go really good with the making of this record and give people a much better understanding of 'Walking Tall' and just why that name is so fitting for us. I also think it would tie perfectly into the whole concept for "Life Happens Here" and all of the songs that have been, or will be written for it.

We had a full production team in place and were ready to start shooting, we just couldn't secure the financing needed for it and were ourselves spread too thin to try and make it happen all on our own.
Our story will be told at some point, in some way and it will be epic I'm sure.

Anyways, I spent the weekend reflecting on all of this and how I was feeling on Friday. The conclusion I ended up with is - Thank god I'm here, thank god Jimmy's here, this is good times in spite of the struggle. I feel humbled and grateful for what's on the table and to be such a vital part of it all.

When I look at the situation and listen to what we got objectively, I believe that there are forces way bigger and beyond just Jimmy and I at work here. There's a purpose far greater than just a record at play.
Things can still get stressful and rough, but there's never been a better time to be us . . .

-Bret.

Comments

Popular Posts