You Never Know Where Opportunity Might Happen...

Well, What a Great Weekend!   A great fathers day weekend happened with the kids and a little bit of family time.  All weekend I thought "Wow, I should be working" but yet did nothing and drank in the ambiance of the family.   There is so much to be grateful for in our lives and there is so little time here on earth we need to embrace every moment we are given with our children because time is our one true enemy!   The kids took me out to the RV show so we could look at ways to spend more time together and a camper or RV is a great way to stay close and spend some quality time.   The moments with our children are all too few and how sad it is that we have to designate a day once or twice a year to find a way to get closer with our kids.

Having said that... I don't think anyone in the business ever truly stops working when they are pursuing a dream.  Its a non-stop roller coaster of shameless self promotion and networking to get to the top.  I spent the day looking at amazing RV's looking for a way to reduce our costs for touring and traveling.   The RV were pretty amazing and there was some great RV's to look at.   The surprise of the day was when the sales guy said "Hey, are you in a band?  You look like you play music?" so oddly it sparked up a conversation and led to a great discussion about the business of music.   As the salesmen and I spoke another gentlemen came up to me and joined in the conversation.   He was a promoter and an active music management company.  James is very cool guy and he quickly connected the dots and offered solutions for touring and getting on big ticket shows.   All in all I would say it was not only a great weekend for connecting with family and the kids, it was a great time looking for ways to lower the tour bus costs and extremely cool time networking with some promoters from Santa Barbara and Hollywood area.  Needless to say Bret and I were invited to the part in Los Angeles this week so we may be head down to Hollyweird for some R&R and networking.

Back to reality before I get back into this weeks work in the studio....

I have to really hand it to Bret for really laying down the foundation on these tracks we are working on.   The keyboards sound just amazing and he is really getting the vibe for all of the songs on the money!  I couldn't be happier with a working business and artistic partner if I had written the script myself.   We are really working as a team and that's what it takes to get to the next level.   There is no other person I would rather be writing or playing with in the business period!  The creativity running between both of us as at an all time career high for both of us and I don't know if there will be a time in either of our careers where this will happen again so we are not taking the momentum for granted and working through every available moment that we can spare to get the studio tracks done for Johnny Lima.. Can't wait for the finish product to go over to him so we can get his feedback and input for the final recordings.   So here I go back into the realm of writing and recording some new tracks for the record.   This is so much fun at this stage...good times!
Revving up the coffee pot for a late night...but first, finishing up the first season of True Detective so I can be ready for Season II of the True Detective story.  The behind the scene footage from the producers and writers makes it all worth watching a second time.   Amazing Writing, Acting and Production!  5 Stars!
-Jimmy

Comments

Popular Posts