Happy Friday!

After moving on from the last song, I have been in search of the next one to work on. I've listened to all the ones we have started so far, looking for the inspiration to strike.

This afternoon I found one that I was really feeling - "If These Walls Could Talk". This is yet another Piano song that I came to the table with where on one particular night we were on fire writing wise.
I played what I had for Jimmy and we went to town on it. Full on inspiration that resulted in 3 finished songs that night and another one started. I am very proud of our writing on this one.
It too is one of my favorites.

I started to make some headway on it, but for whatever reason I completely lost the inspiration.
I have been working night and day on all of this, even some weekends, ever since we started back in early May. I'm starting to feel that I am putting too much into it at once possibly and that I need to step away from it for awhile.

I don't know if it's just for the weekend, or longer, but when I feel it again I will certainly be back at it. Meanwhile Jimmy is hard at work on some things.

The nicest part of working for yourself and being your own boss is you get to work when you want to. Who knows? I could wake up tomorrow and decide I'm gonna work through the weekend again, although my wife might have something to say about that.

That's the hardest part. I get obsessed with something and I sometimes neglect more important things in life like her and sanity. lol

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
I will resume my portion of the posting when I have a more positive outlook . . . I'm burnt!

-Bret.

Comments

Popular Posts